Create collected specimens and aliquots
This guide will describe the process to record 1. Two tissues (right and left ovaries) plus two bloods collected: - From the same participant. - At the same date. - During the same surgery. 2. And aliquots of these 4 specimens.
1. Open Inventory Management module.
2. Click on 'Add Collection' button to create a new collection.
3. Enter collection data and submit.
Note: The 'Collection Property' field allows user to define a collection either as a bank participant collection ('Participant Collection') or as a collection that will never be attached to a participant ('Independent Collection'). In the second case, the collection will never be displayed in the the clinical annotation module form used to link a participant to an available collection.
1. In 'Collection Details' form, click on 'Add Specimen' to create a tissue.
2. Enter tissue data of the left ovary and submit.
3. Click on 'Add Aliquot' to create the OCT and Paraffin blocks.
4. Enter data of the 2 blocks and submit.
Note: The following screen shots detail the process to duplicate block information using 'Duplicate'/'Copy' controls: - Click on '(+)' icon to duplicate row (step 1). - Click on 'Copy' icon to copy data of the first row then click on 'Past' icon to past data into the second row (steps 2 and 3). - Change data being specific of the second record (steps 4, 5, 6).
5. Click on 'Add Aliquot' to create the tube.
6. Enter data of the tube and submit.
7. To create the right ovary, click on 'Collection Details' menu and reproduce steps 1 to 6.
The blood creation process will be similar than the tissue creation process detailed above.
All collection content could be displayed into a tree view clicking on the 'Collection Sample & Aliquots' menu.
This process could be reproduced to create: - Urine. - Ascite. - Etc.