Define aliquot position into a storage
This section will describe the process - to define the storage (ex: box) that will contain an aliquot. - to set position of this aliquot into the storage.
- The following examples are based on a box that should be previously built following the "Create a box and set box into a freezer" guide.
- The 'Selection Label' of a storage will be used to define the storage that will contain the aliquot when you will either create an aliquot or modify aliquot data.
- The storage 'Code' will be useful to differentiate 2 storages (ex: boxes) having the same selection label during the definition of the aliquot storage (see example below).
1. Click on button to add or edit an aliquot.
2. Enter the 'Selection Label' of your box plus set position of your aliquot into your box.
3. Click on submit.
4. The storage information like temperature will be displayed into the aliquot details form.
5. You can display the storage data clicking on 'Access To Storage'.
1- Mismatch between the 'Selection Label' and the storage 'Code'
The following error message "(At least one of) the selected id does not match a selection label!" will be displayed when the selected storage 'Code' does not match the entered 'Selection Label'.
Keep one of the 2 fields empty and the other one with the appropriated value to solve the problem.
2- Two storages have exactly the same 'Selection Label'
The following error message "More than one storages matches (at least one of) the selection label(s)!" will be displayed when the entered 'Selection Label' is one label defined for many storages.
Select the storage using the 'Code' drop down list and selecting the appropriated storage 'Code'.
Aliquot display into storage
An aliquot could be displayed into the storage tool using:
1- The storage tree view clicking on the 'Storage Content > Details' menu of a storage.
2- The storage drag and drop tool clicking on the 'Storage Content > Layout' menu of a storage (See Storage conrols for details).
An aliquot could be defined as stored into any type of storage : Box, Shelf, Fridge, Room, etc. The same process has to be applied.